Monday, June 22, 2009

Week Three

As most of you probably already know from my facebook status, I solo guided my first white water rafting trip on Friday. I also fell out of the boat on the first rapid. We hit a rock and from there I don't really know what happened. I just know that I was in the water, which by the way is a lot colder when you entire body is submerged in it. I felt like I couldn't breathe the water was so cold. I floated down the river for a little while, the people in my boat pulled over to the side, I swam to them, and got back in the boat. I was pretty tense for the rest of the trip. Every time we hit a big rapid or a rock everyone in my boat would turn around and look to make sure I was still there. It was quite funny. It was a good trip and I learned a lot of things. I am excited/nervous about the trip we will be taking this coming week. 

It is interesting to see how each group is different. We had one group at the beginning of the week and another one came Wednesday. They were all middle schoolers, but completely different kids. I guess it has a lot to do with what they have been exposed to or the way they were raised. I am not totally sure. The second group seemed a lot harder to reach. At times I was really discouraged, but by the end of the week some of them really started to open themselves up to God. It was really cool to watch and cool to be a part of. We are getting another group today. I think it is going to be a mixture of middle schoolers and high schoolers. I am excited about this because, although, I have had some good experiences with the last three middle school groups, I fell drawn to high school students. I'm excited to see how lives are changed this week. Please continue praying for us. 







1 comment:

  1. We are praying for you, Bethany. Tell Bill I said hello and that I found his update to be very encouraging at a time when I needed it.

    ReplyDelete