Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Today I Was Reminded of Why I Am Here

I went out on the river today. It was just Bill and another guy with me. They were teaching me how to guide. It was not nearly as scary as I thought it would be. It was actually a lot of fun and I am looking forward to guiding for groups. Rafting led to us watching an old camp video. It was the 2005 camp. For all of you that think you might have been there...it was the one when Davey Kimbro got whacked in the eye. Wow, was it fun watching that again! I love watching camp videos. I am so glad we watched the one today. It helped me remember why I wanted to be on staff here in the first place. Camps here were always so amazing! A lot of that can be attributed to Steve and I am so thankful that I had him as a youth pastor. Icthus is a great place and I am really excited about the rest of the summer!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you are enjoying it. There are some places that are special. but you can't risk returning to them because the next time you visit will not be a good as the last. Icthus is not like that, every time is different, but uniquely meaningful.

    ReplyDelete