Friday, June 12, 2009

New Friends

I love making new friends! I guess that is good because it seems as though I am going to get to do that a lot this summer.
The first day I was in Bryson City I went to church with Bill and Edith. Some girls about my age introduced themselves to me and got my number. They said we should hang out. I assumed that meant we are going to talk about hanging out, but it probably wouldn't happen. I was wrong. This past Monday I went to eat dinner with Bill and Edith at their pastor's house. Those same girls were there. We got to hang out and learned more about one another. I ended up hanging out with them again last night. I went to Sylva, which is about forty five minutes away, and ate dinner with them. After dinner I went to their house and watched a movie with them and ended up spending the night. We had such a good time! They were such and encouragement to me. I feel like I really clicked with them. It seems like I have known them for a lot longer than I have. I was talking to Bill about these girls and he said that sometimes we feel that way because the Jesus in us knows the Jesus in them. I think he is right.

No comments:

Post a Comment