Saturday, April 11, 2009

He Will Do It

Today marks exactly one week before Picnic in the Park. It has been such a larger project than I could have ever imagined. I've never been in charge of anything like this. I've never had an idea about something like this and tried to carry it out. It's a scary thing. It's a scary thing not knowing for sure how many people will come, how many people will volunteer, and if we will get enough food. God is teaching me to trust him. Right now that is the only thing I can do. 

On one hand some amazing things have happened during the planning for this. A guy Jill and I work with generously decided to donate 200 hot dogs and 100 hamburgers!! Also, I have had some amazing people to work with. Several friends have jumped on board with this idea and done so much. I am so thankful for them. There is no way this could have happened without them.

On the other hand I have been a little disappointed in some things while planning this picnic. I feel disappointed in the church. I contacted several local churches and christian organizations and no one even responded. I thought for sure that if someone would be willing to help with this it would be Christ followers. I guess I was wrong. Or maybe they just had other things going on(which I completely understand), but I just thought someone, anyone, would respond. Once again, I think God is trying to teach me to trust him. 

I often find myself worrying about this (because that is what I do), but I am constantly being reminded that God is in control. He is going to provide exactly what we need. He always does and he always will. This morning I was talking to Jill about it and she said she thinks food is just going to fall out of heaven. I think she said it half way jokingly, but she is right. God can do anything! Who am I to doubt that?!

Commit your way to the LORD,Trust also in Him, and He will do it. Psalm 37:5

1 comment:

  1. MANNA!!!! In the form of buns, of course. Yeeeahhhh God rocks! Happy Easter love!

    ReplyDelete