Sunday, April 19, 2009

Pic-a-nic

Yesterday was Picnic in the Park. It went so well! We had over one hundred people come! We were provided with so much more food than we needed (and I was so worried about it ha). God did it. He took care of everything. It all came together. I feel so blessed to have been able to do something like this and I am so thankful for the people who helped pull it all together. It really was a beautiful thing!

The people from the neighborhood seemed to really be excited that the park was being used. I was told that no one really ever uses it and so they were glad to see people hanging out there together. A ton of kids came and it was so precious to watch some of my friends play kickball with them. It was so good to see, especially, how good the guys were with the kids. It was beautiful. There was also one couple that came who had not planned on coming. They just happened to be in park and so Jill and I went and told them they were invited to come eat if they wanted to. They did. They actually ended up staying until we were about to leave. I think they just wanted someone to talk to. It was so good to be able to be that person to them and to watch other people fulfill that role. The weather was beautiful, we made friends, ate good food, and had so much fun...what more could you ask from a Saturday in the Park?

I can't wait to do this again. Through experience God has taught me so much about trusting him. He has shown me that he will provided if I will just let him. I can't always have control of everything. He always provides exactly what we need and for that I am truly grateful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment