Sunday, May 23, 2010

Nothing's Sweeter Than Summertime

WOW, I can not believe how much time has passed since I bloggd last!! This year has flown by and summer is here, once again. I stopped blogging last year because I needed to spend more time journaling in an actual journal. I did that and I love it, but I thought I would begin blogging, once more, in order to share with others about my summer(especially since I don't have facebook anymore).

I am not so excited about the beginning of my summer. I started a summer class last week. It lasts until July 1st. As soon as class is over that day I will be leaving for Icthus again!! I can't wait!! As much as I am anticipating this, I am trying to remember to be present where I am because God has me right where he wants me for right now.

A couple of exciting things are going on in a couple of weeks. I am spending the weekend at the beach with Ashley and her siblings and some of their friends. The next weekend I will be at Bonaroo music festival with my brothers (where I get to see The Avett Brothers :)).

Mostly, I am looking forward to the freedom that summer brings. It has been a rough year and I pray that the summer will bring me a new sense of the joy that I have because of the salvation given to me through Jesus Christ! He is showing me that he is all that I need. :)

5 comments:

  1. Well look who came out of the woodwork... and yes! Summer is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you, sister! No matter where you're at, as long as you passionately pursue God as your deepest treasure, you will be a blessing to anyone around you and you will find deep fulfillment. I believe that with all my heart.

    And by the way, I'm super jealous that you're going to Bonaroo! One of these days...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh!!! I am so glad you guys commented!! I didn't think anyone would since it has been so long! haha

    Thank you, Trey!! Your encouragement means so much to me!! I am praying for you as well and enjoying reading about Germany!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I miss you too dear!! This summer is crazy so far and I'm definitely staying busy...but it's a fun time for sure! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Still reading... :)

    ReplyDelete