Thursday, December 25, 2008

Why I Write

I miss Xanga. I loved Xanga. I loved writing about my life and people reading about it and I loved reading about other's lives. So, recently, when several of my friends started blogging again, it reminded me of how much I love to share my thoughts with others and how much I love to read the thoughts of others. So, here goes...

Lately I have come to realize why I often write the way that I do. When I journal or blog I usually just describe events that have taken place in my life. Sometimes I have profound thoughts to write about, but usually I just like to write about what is. I finally figured out why this is. I love History. You might be asking yourself, "what does that have to do with anything?" The answer is everything. I love learning about what has happened because I believe everything comes back around. Like the famous saying says, "History repeats itself." And so, I write historically. I write about what happens in my life so that I can go back a week, a month, or a year later and see how I have grown, how I have changed, and what I have learned. I write about what goes on in my life so that I can learn from my own triumphs and failures and use those things to try to live the best possible life now. 

So, this is what my blog is going to be about. It will probably be pretty simple( I may have a profound thought from time to time, but I doubt it), but that's who I am. And now I am inviting you to be a part of what is going on in my life and to help me learn in the future from situations I am dealing with currently. 

4 comments:

  1. haha.
    I had a xanga too.
    I quit writing in it for about two years, then I guess they terminated it for inactivity. :/
    it made me sad.
    <3
    kt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dig it! It'll be like xanga and livejournal all over again!

    ReplyDelete